Monday 30 April 2012

My First Project


Didn't know what to make for my first project as I'm not very good at reading the patterns yet, so I wanted to do something easy.

Found a pattern for some simple gloves, had enough wool, but oh I didn't have the right needles.

Surely using 6mm needles instead of 5mm wont make that much difference, will it? 

Worked out the tension, but didn't really understand it, and I got started.

A few hours later I was sewing up my right glove to finish it, feeling  very proud of myself, and then I tried it on.

Only to find it would have fitted Goliath, it was massive!

So I shot off to the knitting shop, and got myself the right sized needles and started again, although I was feeling a little deflated at this point.

But I wasn't going to let it beat me!

My next effort as much more successful, and I ended out with a pair of gloves that fitted, whoop whoop...

There was a slight mistake on the right glove at wrist level, when I got my knit and purl muddled up, but I didn't notice for some time,  so decided to leave the mistake as it makes my gloves unique.


Photo on 2012-04-15 at 12:33.jpg
My first wearable item of clothing
Feel very proud of myself for sticking with it and succeeding in completing them, as I still struggle with my stiff arthritic hands. Hopefully as time passes knitting will become good physio for them

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, it's always lovely to hear from you xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.